About this Opportunity
We are searching for a versatile, experienced, senior-level copywriter who can bring a fresh creative perspective to a variety of digital, print, and branding projects across several industries including financial services, luxury travel, retail beauty products, and cyber security. The ideal candidate has in-depth experience in both digital and print mediums, can adeptly capture the unique tone and voice of our clients, and help our team deliver best-in-class marketing campaigns, brand guidelines, naming assignments, and value propositions.
- Strategically-minded conceptual thinker with a fresh voice who can use their creative vision to solve challenges and deliver innovative solutions, working in partnership with a design team and also leading junior writers
- Experienced professional who can effectively tell stories across multiple channels and mediums, with consideration around how the story builds on the defined strategy and comes to life visually
- Talented writer and editor who can easily define and communicate the nuances of tone and voice across several brands
- Creative and hardworking individual with an interest in writing for a variety of audiences and industries
- Wordsmith with precise attention to detail and an excellent command of — and passion for — the English language and persuasive writing
- Organized writer who is able to meet deadlines with ease while working on multiple projects and clients
- Highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, who values collaboration and feedback, and is willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations
Role + Responsibilities
- Work on projects through multiple stages: from initial briefing and creative brainstorms, through internal development and client reviews, to presentations and completion of deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (project management, design, and strategy) to execute assignments across campaigns, ensuring the creative reflects the highest quality of work and is in line with client needs
- Brainstorm creative concepts with project teams to develop highly effective, creative communications that also sometimes push the boundaries of what is expected and possible
- Take a nuanced approach to writing and editing for different tones, styles, and formats across audiences in order to deliver fresh, engaging, informative, and on-brand copy that supports strategic insights and business objectives
- Effectively incorporate internal and client feedback to revise and evolve copy, always moving the work forward and providing additional options when necessary
- Develop, evolve, and codify voice and tone for a range of clients, including establishing new attributes and guidelines
- Work independently to meet tight deadlines as part of a creative team, and take ownership over the quality of your work, from concept to delivery
- Serve as a leader and mentor to junior members of the team
Compensation + Benefits
Salary Range: $90K – $110K
SARANKCO offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits including full healthcare, 401k matching, flexible spending accounts, transit check program, home office stipend, twice-annual bonusing, extensive PTO and company holidays, expanded parental leave, charitable gift matching, and fully-paid or discounted memberships to Citi Bike, Classpass, AIGA, and more. We also provide robust talent development, where we cover the costs of online courses, educational opportunities, and other inspirational experiences. Our team is currently enjoying a remote/hybrid “Work Where Best” policy, and are encouraged to utilize the studio space and services as often as possible.
Founded in 2007, SARANKCO partners with clients big and small to define experiences, develop brands, and create meaningful communications that generate awareness, influence behavior, and drive engagement. We are headquartered in the Flatiron District of New York City, just steps from Madison Square Park, with a remote hybrid team that is spread across the New York area and beyond.
Our talented team offers a high level of expertise across strategy, copywriting, and visual design that is unmatched by similarly sized creative studios. We work collaboratively to meet challenges head-on, creating innovative print and digital solutions that are flawlessly executed for top brands including American Express, Sephora, Leading Hotels of the World, First Manhattan, Hearthside Foods, Booz Allen Hamilton, and more.
As a certified LGBT Business Enterprise with the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and an equal opportunity employer, championing diversity and inclusion is core to our values. Here you will find a welcoming, collaborative, and high-performing team that is specifically designed to bring out your most creative, courageous, and authentic self.
Join Our Team
If you share our passion and want to join a creative work environment where you can grow your career, we want to hear from you. Please submit a resume along with your portfolio site.
No phone calls, please.