Lead Digital Designer
What we’re looking for
A lead digital designer with a strong, conceptual portfolio and an entry-level working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated and detail-oriented and enjoys working with a team. From brainstorming through implementation, the Lead Digital Designer will be a key contributor on projects that drive consumer engagement across websites, email campaigns, and rich media.
This is a design role, but a working knowledge of responsive coding, industry standards, and development best practices is required.
Who you are.
- Proven performer with a BFA or equivalent education in visual design and 3–6 years of experience with an integrated digital agency or web design studio
- Talented designer whose online portfolio showcases strong, conceptual, and well-executed work featuring examples of:
- User-centered design principles and practices, email and web standards, typography and color, and web usability requirements
- Process documentation or prototyping applications such as Sketch and Axure (or similar tools)
- Interest in branding and design systems
- Strong use of typography, color, composition, and imagery
- Curious creative with a deep interest in digital marketing, product design, and user experience
- Highly organized individual who thrives on learning new skills quickly and independently to keep pace with the ever-changing landscape of digital design
- Relentless perfectionist who strives to deliver best-in-class, forward-looking design solutions with an eye toward innovative use of trends, technology, and solutions
- Knowledgeable email maverick who understands the opportunities and limitations of email marketing and is influenced by working knowledge of responsive, front-end coding and email development best practices
- Creative extrovert who actively contributes to brainstorms and is confident sharing strategic ideas and creative concepts with senior leadership, client partners, and other creative team members
What you’ll do.
- Work closely with the project team to create and deliver strategic marketing campaigns, emails, and websites from discovery, UX/UI, visual design, through execution
- Translate site requirements into user flows, assist in the creation of wireframes, design mockups, and production-ready assets
- Develop strong partnerships with Client Partners to build and strengthen client trust
- Deliver flawless, production-ready creative assets to production and development partners, including necessary annotations/design specifications and final assets for coding
- Present assigned projects to cross-functional internal teams as well as clients and partners for critique, feedback, and approval
Where you’ll do it.
While we are currently working remotely for the unforeseeable future, our office is headquartered just steps away from Madison Square Park in Manhattan. Whether by video conference or phone call, through Slack or, in the future, six feet apart, you’ll collaborate with a team of nimble and creative thinkers and doers who work hard and have a lot of fun while doing so.
We’re an equal opportunity employer.
SARANKCO is a certified LGBT Business Enterprise with the NGLCC: National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. For over 13 years, we’ve worked to cultivate an inclusive environment where a diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures are valued. We are proud to call ourselves an equal opportunity employer and hire qualified professionals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Join our team.
We offer a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including healthcare, a flexible spending account, a matching 401(k) plan, the TransitChek program, and more.
If you share our passion and want to join a creative work environment where you can grow your career, we want to hear from you. Please submit a resume with references as well as your salary requirements.
No phone calls, please.