About this Opportunity
SARANKCO Creative Studio is searching for an experienced and enthusiastic digitally-focused Production Designer with a genuine interest and talent for technical production, and a strong background in digital asset preparation, quality assurance, and testing. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, able to manage a large volume of work across multiple brands, and has expertise in best digital and print production practices. While we encourage all candidates to apply, it is important to note that this is not a conceptual designer position, but rather an executional role that helps achieve the vision of the design team and Creative Directors through meticulous preparation of digital and print files in accordance with our client’s standards and guidelines.
- BFA, MFA, or similar in production design-related discipline
- 1-4 years of experience in a creative agency setting as a Production Designer or similar
- Familiarity with Figma, WordPress, Keynote, and other design software is a plus
- Digitally focused with deep knowledge of email marketing, UI/UX, web design, and social media best practices and trends
- Production wizard with solid typography and layout composition skills in both digital and print executions
- Advanced knowledge of print design and production methods – creating specifications for paper stock, inks and varnishes, folding structures, plastics, etc
- Highly efficient multi-tasker able to juggle multiple projects seamlessly while meeting evolving deadlines and objectives
- Excellent communicator, able to articulate ideas, challenges, and identify the right solutions
- Team-player with a can-do attitude who thrives in a collaborative work environment
Role + Responsibilities
- Construct and peer review high-quality assets for both digital and print applications
- Communicate and coordinate with account, project, and creative teams to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of creative materials
- Use efficient and effective techniques for producing digital communications and print materials
- Adhere to a consistent graphic production and review process, while also identifying opportunities for improvement
- Review file specifications prior to releasing assets to assure quality control standards from both the agency and vendors
- Execute work against existing brand guidelines and/or create new guidelines from scratch
- Explore creative solutions and techniques when producing innovative and premium digital work
- Help manage outside vendors and developers to align with creative vision, best practices, and client standards and guidelines
- Participate in occasional “up-stream” design assignments, where you may leverage design, retouching, animation, and photography skills to help supplement our creative resources
Compensation + Benefits
Salary Range: $75K – $100K, commensurate with experience
SARANKCO offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits including full healthcare, 401k matching, flexible spending accounts, transit check program, home office stipend, twice-annual bonusing, extensive PTO and company holidays, expanded parental leave, charitable gift matching, and fully-paid or discounted memberships to Citi Bike, Classpass, AIGA, and more. We also provide robust talent development, where we cover the costs of online courses, educational opportunities, and other inspirational experiences. Our team is currently enjoying a remote/hybrid “Work Where Best” policy, and are encouraged to utilize the studio space and services as often as possible.
Founded in 2007, SARANKCO partners with clients big and small to define experiences, develop brands, and create meaningful communications that generate awareness, influence behavior, and drive engagement. We are headquartered in the Flatiron District of New York City, just steps from Madison Square Park, with a remote hybrid team that is spread across the New York area and beyond.
Our talented team offers a high level of expertise across strategy, copywriting, and visual design that is unmatched by similarly sized creative studios. We work collaboratively to meet challenges head-on, creating innovative print and digital solutions that are flawlessly executed for top brands including American Express, Sephora, Leading Hotels of the World, First Manhattan, Hearthside Foods, Booz Allen Hamilton, and more.
As a certified LGBT Business Enterprise with the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and an equal opportunity employer, championing diversity and inclusion is core to our values. Here you will find a welcoming, collaborative, and high-performing team that is specifically designed to bring out your most creative, courageous, and authentic self.
Join Our Team
If you share our passion and want to join a creative work environment where you can grow your career, we want to hear from you. Please submit a resume along with your portfolio site.
No phone calls, please.