Project-Based Production Designer
What we're looking for
An experienced and enthusiastic production designer with a genuine love and talent for production and a strong background in traditional print and packaging (offset, digital, and specialty printing) as well as digital asset preparation (logo suites, assets for mobile) for project-based work. While we encourage all applicants to apply, it is important to note that this role is not a conceptual role, but rather a strictly executional one.
Who you are
- Seasoned professional with 5+ years of hands-on production work experience with a branding agency, design studio, or internal creative team
- Production wizard with solid type and layout skills as well as knowledge and understanding of the vast array of paper substrates used in printing and packaging
- Organized and skilled worker with a sharp eye for detail and a sensitivity to typography and kerning
- Skilled Adobe Creative Suite expert (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Highly efficient team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Savvy multi-tasker with the ability to juggle multiple projects seamlessly while meeting ever-changing deadlines
- Excellent communicator with a positive attitude and sense of humor
What you’ll do
- Construct and peer review high-quality assets for print and/or digital applications
- Communicate and coordinate with account, project, and creative teams
- Use efficient and effective techniques for producing print and digital communications
- Adhere to a consistent graphic production and check-in process, while also identifying opportunities for improvement
- Review file specifications prior to releasing assets to ensure adherence of quality control standards from both the agency and vendors
- Execute work against existing brand guidelines and/or create new guidelines from scratch
- Explore creative solutions and techniques when producing premium print and packaging
- Artfully and skillfully manage outside vendors, printers, and comp makers
If you're interested, please submit a resume with references, a cover letter, and your rate requirements.
No phone calls please.