About this Opportunity
We are searching for a seasoned, talented, and multi-disciplinary Senior Designer with an outstanding body of work that spans visual identity, marketing campaigns, email, web, social media, and print advertising. We are looking for someone who is familiar with all aspects of the design process and tools in a creative agency setting and has experience with global brands across several industries including financial services, travel and hospitality, technology, and retail. This is a client-facing, senior-level role that requires leading and collaboration with copywriters, strategists, and developers, while also mentoring junior team members. Meticulous attention to detail, a flawless design aesthetic, and an in-depth understanding of best digital and print practices is required, along with a can-do attitude and curious spirit
- BFA, MFA, or similar in design-related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in a creative agency setting as Lead or Senior Designer or similar
- Familiarity with Figma, WordPress, Keynote, and other design software is a plus
- Digitally focused with deep knowledge of email marketing, UI/UX, web design, and social media best practices and trends
- Expert in branding and visual identity, with strong typography, color theory, and composition foundation
- Advanced knowledge of print design and production methods – creating specifications for paper stock, inks and varnishes, folding structures, plastics, etc
- Proven ability to lead a creative team on a multi-faceted project with cross-channel deliverables under tight budgets and time constraints
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively present ideas internally and externally
- Shares and receives direction well; helping to mentor junior talent and successfully managing-up to the leadership team
Role + Responsibilities
- Support and lead the efforts of the creative team to collaboratively execute innovative projects through solid brand strategy across all clients and verticals
- Design and develop identity programs, email marketing campaigns, web pages, mobile applications, print collateral, and packaging for premium brands and services
- Inspire the creative team with leading industry trends in branding, product, and communication design to generate innovative ideas that are executed beautifully
- Ensure that the design direction of all projects reflects the highest quality of work, is on target with the client objectives, and is reflective of SARANKCO best practices
- Support and enhance the overall efforts of the Client Partnerships team and the strategic vision of the Creative Directors to ensure projects are completed within prescribed timelines and parameters
- Collaborate with strategists, copywriters, designers, and production designers to create and execute concepts for client projects across several brands, industries, and creative disciplines
- Create and work with site maps, online ads, rich media storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and other information design documents for websites and online marketing
- Translate site requirements into user flows, oversee wireframes, design mockups, and production assets
- Create web graphics, animations, user interfaces, icons, style sheets, color schemes, templates, and layouts for use in online marketing and website projects, ensuring site-wide standards and consistency
- Articulate UI and design concepts to clients and developers
- Present and sell creative vision in a strategic, clear, concise, and enthusiastic manner to clients
Compensation + Benefits
SARANKCO offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits including full healthcare, 401k matching, flexible spending accounts, transit check program, home office stipend, twice-annual bonusing, extensive PTO and company holidays, expanded parental leave, charitable gift matching, and fully-paid or discounted memberships to Citi Bike, Classpass, AIGA, and more. We also provide robust talent development, where we cover the costs of online courses, educational opportunities, and other inspirational experiences. Our team is currently enjoying a remote/hybrid “Work Where Best” policy, and are encouraged to utilize the studio space and services as often as possible.
Founded in 2007, SARANKCO partners with clients big and small to define experiences, develop brands, and create meaningful communications that generate awareness, influence behavior, and drive engagement. We are headquartered in the Flatiron District of New York City, just steps from Madison Square Park, with a remote hybrid team that is spread across the New York area and beyond.
Our talented team offers a high level of expertise across strategy, copywriting, and visual design that is unmatched by similarly sized creative studios. We work collaboratively to meet challenges head-on, creating innovative print and digital solutions that are flawlessly executed for top brands including American Express, Sephora, Leading Hotels of the World, First Manhattan, Hearthside Foods, Booz Allen Hamilton, and more.
As a certified LGBT Business Enterprise with the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and an equal opportunity employer, championing diversity and inclusion is core to our values. Here you will find a welcoming, collaborative, and high-performing team that is specifically designed to bring out your most creative, courageous, and authentic self.
Join Our Team
If you share our passion and want to join a creative work environment where you can grow your career, we want to hear from you. Please submit a resume along with your portfolio site.
No phone calls, please.