Senior Digital Designer
What we’re looking for
A Senior Digital Designer with an outstanding, conceptual portfolio and working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic, innovation-focused contributor, who thrives working with a diverse team across a range of e-commerce, retail, travel, financial service, and technology assignments. The Senior Digital Designer will serve as design lead for websites, email campaigns, and rich media.
This is a design role that involves collaborating and leading others, including designers and developers. A solid understanding of responsive coding, industry standards, and development best practices is required.
Who you are.
- Skilled professional with a BFA in visual design along with 6+ years of experience with an integrated digital agency or web design studio
- Bold innovator who delivers forward-looking design solutions with a desire to innovate and incorporate emerging trends in user interface design and rich media content
- Strategic problem-solver whose past experience showcases strong, conceptual thinking and flawless work featuring examples of:
- User-centered design principles and practices, email and web standards, typography and color, and web usability requirements
- Process documentation or prototyping applications such as Sketch or Axure (or similar tools)
- Use of version control software such as Abstract or Git
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms: CheetahMail, Salesforce, Bluecore, etc.
- Working knowledge in Google Analytics
- Familiarity with modern CMS platforms: Craft, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Experience working with brand identity and/or design systems
- Strong command of visual design across typography, color, composition,
- Creative extrovert who is comfortable expressing strategic thinking and creative concepts in front of a group of people
- Big-picture thinker who is able to dive into the details when needed, consistent in the delivery of best-in-class, forward-looking design solutions with an eye toward innovative use of trends, technology, and solutions
- Team performer who’s experienced working with client partners, resource manager, and senior leadership to plan for estimating, resource planning, and project milestones
- Patient collaborator who supports the professional development of team members through mentorship, coaching, and connecting them with resources
- Knowledgeable email maverick who understands the opportunities and limitations of email marketing and is influenced by a working knowledge of front-end coding and email development best practices
What you’ll do.
- Partner with the Creative Leadership in planning, managing, and delivering strategic marketing campaigns, emails, and websites from discovery, UX/UI, visual design, through execution
- Develop conceptual ideas and strong design rationale with a focus on a user-centered design experience
- Translate site requirements into user flows and oversee wireframes, design mockups, and production-ready assets
- Develop strong partnerships with Client Partners to build and strengthen client trust
- Deliver persuasive UX/UI presentations to cross-functional internal teams as well as clients and partners for critique, feedback, and approval
- Lead by example in the delivery of flawless, production-ready creative assets to production and development partners, including necessary annotations/design specifications and final assets for coding
Where you’ll do it.
While we are currently working remotely for the unforeseeable future, our office is headquartered just steps away from Madison Square Park in Manhattan. Whether by video conference or phone call, though Slack or, in the future, six feet apart, you’ll collaborate with a team of nimble and creative thinkers and doers who work hard and have a lot of fun while doing so.
We’re an equal opportunity employer.
SARANKCO is a certified LGBT Business Enterprise with the NGLCC: National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. For over 13 years, we’ve worked to cultivate an inclusive environment where a diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures are valued. We are proud to call ourselves an equal opportunity employer and hire qualified professionals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Join our team.
We offer a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including healthcare, a flexible spending account, a matching 401(k) plan, the TransitChek program, and more.
If you share our passion and want to join a creative work environment where you can grow your career, we want to hear from you. Please submit a resume with references as well as your salary requirements.
No phone calls, please.